Understanding API openslide_read_region's arguments

Sriram Somanchi ssomanch at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Nov 12 19:57:17 EST 2012

Hi,

Can someone explain me the API openslide_read_region's arguments x and y?
The documentation says that it is in reference to level0. Does it mean that
if I am retrieving image data from higher levels I have to always map the
coordinates to level0 and then make a call? If so, how does this work if the
exact mapping does not work. By that I mean, let's say the downsample for
level1 is 4. If I make a call openslide_read_region(slide, buf, 0, 0, 1, 1,
1) I know I will get an approximate aggregate of 4x4 grid of level 0
starting at 0, 0. However I'm not sure what will a call like
openslide_read_region(slide, buf, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1)?

Thanks for the help.

-Sriram