trac tickets and alternative build system

Hauke Heibel hauke.heibel at googlemail.com
Tue May 4 14:07:09 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 7:49 PM, Adam Goode <agoode at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
> Nice! Looking good. I've looked a little at your changes. I fixed up the
> casts in my tree, you should try merging or rebasing your stuff on top
> of master.

So you suggest to switch back to the master branch located at github,
merge the integration branch and continue committing to the master
branch? I was under the impression that merging back to master should
be extra easy with git as long as my branch is regularly synched.

> I guess one question is how to implement the constructor the way gcc
> does. I know it works on Windows with gcc, so I just need to figure out
> how it does it.

On MSVC I implemented the constructor as suggested on the
stackoverflow link you provided. It is in this commit:

http://github.com/hauke76/OpenSlide/commit/adaf80d291cb213f675b5fd14512b446b097b816

> Did you try building with msys/mingw? It should have much better
> performance and compatibility over Cygwin.

No, I did not. I don't want to manage too many development
environments on my system. I am too lazy ;). Typically, I am targeting
at MSVC development. I am just using Cygwin to verify my code changes
with gcc 4.4.1 (or later) since usually MSVC is language wise way too
permissive.

- Hauke