[open-edge] FW: Update on Open Edge Computing Initiative

Mahadev Satyanarayanan satya at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Dec 23 07:50:30 EST 2015

Dear Rolf,
  Thank you for that excellent summary.   Now I realize why we all feel
exhausted at the end of year :-)    Until you put it together in one email,
you don't realize how far we have come in  just one year.  A big thanks
to all who contributed in so many different ways, both from the
CMU team and our industry colleagues.     And a very special thank you
to Rolf for managing our university-industry collaboration so effectively
and pleasantly.

  Even before it starts, 2016 is already promising to be a very important
year in the early childhood of  Open Edge Computing.    I look forward to
many accomplishments with all of you next year.

  Happy Holidays to everyone.

              -- Satya