netreg-users: Access denied messages after upgrade to new server

Frank Sweetser fs at WPI.EDU
Fri Feb 9 07:01:43 EST 2007

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 10:41:46AM +0000, B Thompson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I originally installed NetReg in August last year using a version I
> checked out of CVS on 2006-08-03. I succesfully installed this on the
> folowing system (Redhat AS4) :-
>
> NetReg (CVS checked out 2006-08-03)
> apache 2.0.52
> mod_perl 1.99
> perl 5.8.5
> mysql 4.1.20
>
> I have now attempted to move my NetReg installation to a new server
> running the following (Debian Etch) :-
>
> NetReg (CVS checked out 2006-08-03)
> apache 2.2.3
> mod_perl 2.0.2
> perl 5.8.8
> mysql 5.0.32

It looks like the main branch doesn't work with mysql 5.0 yet.  A description
of the problem, and a way to fix the offending queries, is at

http://erwin.wpi.edu/~fs/netreg/mysql-5.html

WPI Network Engineer          |  is simple, elegant, and wrong. - HL Mencken