netreg-devel: more updates to /opt/netreg/stable/netdb/lib/CMU/Netdb/auth.pm

Frank Sweetser fs at WPI.EDU
Thu Mar 22 14:27:47 EDT 2012

What I would suggest is that you first get a working install with what's
currently in git, and then get your changes working in a separate branch of
your own creation.  That'll keep all of your local work nicely bundled up
together, while still letting you pull down and merge any upstream changes.
Once you've got your local branch with the active directory code set up, we
can look at merging it back upstream.  If it can coexist nicely with people
who aren't using active directory, I think it would be a great feature to
merge in.

If none of that made sense, try reading through a couple of git tutorials, and
it should become a lot clearer.

Frank Sweetser fs at wpi.edu    |  For every problem, there is a solution that
Manager of Network Operations   |  is simple, elegant, and wrong.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute |           - HL Mencken