Cyrus IMAP 3.2.2 (Re: cyrus imap 2.5.5 build in Linux: problem with pcre)

Sergey a_s_y at sama.ru
Mon Jun 29 17:53:15 EDT 2020

On Friday 16 October 2015, Sergey wrote:

> I wanted to build Cyrus-IMAP with libpcre but it did not success.
> System libpcre-devel package install headers to /usr/include/pcre.

I returned to this question. 3.2.2 still does not find /usr/include/pcre/pcre.h

$ pkg-config --cflags libpcre
-I/usr/include/pcre

Build is successful with CFLAGS="-I/usr/include/pcre" ./configure ...
Except perl/imap: CFLAGS is not used by Makefile.PL.

And there is another problem that is not obvious. -lpcreposix is needed
in perl/imap/Makefile.PL and in perl/sieve/managesieve/Makefile.PL I seems.

--
Regards,
Sergey