Replication failed 3.0.5 -> 3.0.13

Olaf Frączyk olaf at navi.pl
Wed Apr 22 04:19:40 EDT 2020

On 2020-04-22 09:16, Andrzej Kwiatkowski wrote:
> W dniu 20.04.2020 o 16:11, Olaf Frączyk pisze:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm running 3.0.5.
>>
>> I want to migrate to a new machine. I set up cyrus-imapd 3.0.13.
>>
>> The replication started but it didn't transfer all mails.
>>
>> The store isn't big 44GB, transferred was about 24 GB.
>>
>> In the logs I see:
>>
> Olaf,
>
> Do you install 3.0.13 on vm or bare-metal ?
>
> Regards
> AK

I have it installed in VM - CentOS 7, now 8. This setup worked OK for
many years. But I have only a few users, just with big mailboxes.

On SAS drives it works fine. The only longlock I saw was during the
replication - I suppose transferring 20.000 big messages at once per
mailbox could cause it. But in normal usage I don't see it.

The cause of my problem was my ignorance regarding how rolling
replication works in cyrus. It works OK now :)

Regards,

Olaf