Replication failed 3.0.5 -> 3.0.13, now 3.0.13->3.0.13

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Apr 21 10:00:46 EDT 2020

Hi,

Quoting Olaf Frączyk <olaf at navi.pl>:

> I managed to get strace on both sides, however it doesn't make me
> wiser - there is nothing obvious for me.
>
> Additionally I see that replication works more or less for new
> messages, but older are not processed.
>
> I have several subfolders in my mailbox, some of them unreplicated.
> If I change anything in the subfolder now - the folder is
> replicated, but other subfolders remain not replicated - unless I
> change anything in them.

you are trying to use rolling replication.
For rolling replication cyrus logs which the location and type where
changes ocure
e.g "MAILBOX navi.pl!user.olaf" indicates that something has changed
in the INBOX of
the user olaf at navi.pl.

the rolling replication will keep the master and replica in sync, but
it requires
that there was an initial replication of all users.

you can use sync_client with -A oder -u to do this synchronization
(see the manpage for details)

I think using rolling replication without the initial sync may be the
cause of the errors.
stop the "sync_client -r" and wait for the initial sync to finish.

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen