inaccessible mailbox for one user

Lists Nethead lists at nethead.se
Tue Oct 9 11:38:13 EDT 2018

> Hi,
>
> A user clicks on a mail in Horde IMP and next the inbox appears
> completely empty. This message files all still there of course, but
> the problem is that I cannot run any cyrus command on that mailbox,
> reconstruct, chk_cyrus or anything.
>
> Is there a lock possibly sitting somewhere that prohibits running
> any commands? Any other hints as to where I should start?

More:

Cyrus is 3.0.8

I suspected that the problem of not being able to run any utilities
was not only a Cyrus problem, su I restarted the virtual server
(FreeBSD jail), then the locking was gone. Fine, so I ran the usual
reconstruct.

Now one can see the messages that arrived *after* the crash, but none
of the ones arriving before (>6200 in inbox and plenty of subfolders).

It is just one account, the others work ok.

Where then is the problem? If reconstruct cannot fix it, what can?