xfer from 2.4 -> 3.0.2, double reconstruct necessary?

Stephan Lauffer lauffer at ph-freiburg.de
Tue Aug 8 09:35:34 EDT 2017

Hi

Zitat von Stephan Lauffer <lauffer at ph-freiburg.de>:

> Hello!
>
> I mooved a mailbox in a murder setup from a 2.4.18 backend to a
> 3.0.2 frontend (with a 2.4.18 proxy/frontend server).
>
> After the mailbox was transferred we saw no mails but the mailbox
> folderts. So we started a "reconstruct -V max" and a "quota -f".
> After that no mails where shown/visibla via imap, too.
>
> So we played around and started a "reconstruct -V max" with a "-r
> user...." two times.
>
> Only after the second reconstruct the mails were be found and added
> to the index. In the first run just the format was transformed.
>
> So my question is:
>
> Is this the well know and "offical" way to transfer mailboxes from a
> 2.4 to a 3.0? Or should there be some "magic" after the transfer
> which failed here in our setup?
>
> I would say it would be very, very nice if the 3.0.2 backend will be
> capable to postexec neccessary commands after an completed mailbox
> transfer.
>
> If this isn't possible to implement in the cyrus-imapd it would be
> nice to add some few words in
> https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/download/upgrade.html#shut-down-existing-cyrus at the paragraph "Special note for Murder configurations". Maybe we already have the hints and tips in the doc but I just didn't found
> it...?!

After our xfer and reconstructs the seen states are lost/wrong (all
messages unread). The seen file has twoskip in the header, so it looks
good I think. But I guess the cyrus.index is the problem... maybe issu
1747 is dealing with the same problem (see
https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-imapd/issues/1747)?

--
Liebe Gruesse, with best regards
Stephan Lauffer

Pedagogical University Freiburg - Germany
http://www.ph-freiburg.de/zik/
Fon/ Fax: +49 761 682 -559/ -486