Twoskip DB files broken

Tobias Brunner tobias.brunner at vshn.ch
Fri Sep 30 03:14:13 EDT 2016

Hi,

> 1. Why are you doing this? What do you hope to achieve?

It all started with the intention to migrate Cyrus from one server to
another. Old server is an Ubuntu with Cyrus 2.5~dev2015021301, the new
one is a CentOS with Cyrus 2.5.8. For the data migration I just rsynced
/var/lib/imap and /var/spool/imap and then the missbehaviour started
like described. So I started to reproduce how this happens, wich lead to
my initial question.

In the meantime I tried to just copy over mailboxes.db, annotations.db,
domain/ and sieve/ which seems to do the job. I just have to check now
if everything is copied over or if I missed something.

> 2. Possibly kolab's Cyrus configuration stores files in other paths (tmpfs, data dirs) which are Berkeley dbs and don't expect their environment to be trashed under them.

Kolab's Cyrus configuration is very straight forward without saving
stuff on different places:

configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve

unixhierarchysep: 1
virtdomains: userid
annotation_definitions: /etc/imapd.annotations.conf
sieve_extensions: fileinto reject envelope body vacation imapflags
notify include regex subaddress relational copy date index
allowallsubscribe: 0
allowusermoves: 1
altnamespace: 1
hashimapspool: 1
anysievefolder: 1
fulldirhash: 0
sieveusehomedir: 0
sieve_allowreferrals: 0
lmtp_downcase_rcpt: 1
lmtp_fuzzy_mailbox_match: 1
username_tolower: 1
deletedprefix: DELETED
delete_mode: delayed
expunge_mode: delayed
postuser: shared

And of course some LDAP and SASL settings which are omitted here.

Cheers,
Tobias