squat broken after upgrade from 2.4 to 2.5?

Wolfgang Breyha wbreyha at gmx.net
Mon Jun 20 05:33:54 EDT 2016

Hi!

I upgraded some backend hosts from 2.4.18 to 2.5.8. Currently they are all
still running with index version 12.

Some of these mailboxes have squatter activated as annotation and my
cyrus.conf has
squatter      cmd="squatter -asir *" at=0500

I see that it runs at night and logs entries like:
Jun 20 05:00:15 lauren squatter[27593]: indexing mailbox user.xxxx

There are no errors in the log from squatter.

But today I recognized on my own mailbox that squatter returns nothing while
searching with thunderbird. The resulting imap request looked like:
<1466414132<18 UID Search UNDELETED (OR (OR OR TO "search" HEADER CC "search"
SUBJECT "search") BODY "search")
<1466414132>* SEARCH
18 OK Completed (0 msgs in 0.010 secs)

I then moved the current squat db and the same search returned 214 messages.

Rebuiling the squat db and searching again resulted in the exact same 214
messages.

It seems that something changed within the squat DB and 2.5 can't search in
the old 2.4 DBs. That's bad in two ways.

*) search doesn't fail with an error and simply returns no result. no fallback
to searching without squat db.
*) the squat db is not refreshed/rebuilt after upgrade.

Is this a bug or is something broken on my side?

Greetings, Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Breyha <wbreyha at gmx.net> | http://www.blafasel.at/
Vienna University Computer Center | Austria