Sendmail + Virtual Domains + aliases

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Thu Feb 25 05:14:14 EST 2016

--On 25. Februar 2016 um 11:04:59 +0100 Andrea Venturoli <ml at netfence.it>
wrote:

>>> If I add that, then cyrusv2 from mailertable will not be used for
>>> oneofmydomains.com.
>>
>> Why use mailertable? We use this:
>
> I've followed the instructions on this page:
>  > https://cyrusimap.org/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.5.4/install-virtdomains.php
>
> AFAICT this is needed for virtual domains or sendmail will strip the
> domain part from destination addresses and cyrusv2 can't tell where to
> deliver.
>
>> define(`confLOCAL_MAILER', `cyrusv2')
>>
>> That way all local mail is delivered to Cyrus. Or isn't that what you
>> want?
>
> I'm using this on servers where I don't have virtual domains.

OK, I get it. We only use virtual domains on the outside, but Cyrus doesn't
know about them. I'm afraid I can't help you with your scenario, because
I've never used virtual domains with Cyrus.
--
    .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - Weyertal 121 (Gebäude 133), Zimmer 2.02.:.
                 .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.