deleting emails directly

Alvin Starr alvin at netvel.net
Tue Mar 17 10:33:54 EDT 2015

You could do your virus scans and get a list of infected files.

/var/spool/imap/domain/n/namething.net/a/user/alvin/12345.
/var/spool/imap/domain/n/namething.net/a/user/alvin/19945.

and so on.

Then using Mail::IMAPClient and a perl script you can find the message
in the users folder and delete it.
The UID that IMAPClient returns maps to the cyrus file name(Well at
least in my tests) or you could search on the message-id.

Its a bit hokey but it would work.

On 03/17/2015 05:39 AM, hw wrote:

> Am 05.03.2015 um 15:01 schrieb Ken Murchison:
>> On 03/04/2015 05:04 AM, hw wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> can I remove or delete emails from the imap directory directly (with rm)
>>> without screwing things up?
>>>
>>> I'm running a virus scan over the spool directory and wonder how to get
>>> those messages removed within which a virus has been found.  The easiest
>>> way would be to let the virus scanner do this, and the virus scanner
>>> doesn't use IMAP.
>> Take a look at cyr_virusscan in Cyrus.  It currently only supports
>> ClamAV, but it should be easy to add other scanners if needed.
> Thank you, I'll check it out!
>
> ----
> To Unsubscribe:

Alvin Starr                   ||   voice: (905)513-7688
alvin at netvel.net              ||