IMAP archive?

Marco falon at ruparpiemonte.it
Thu Mar 5 07:53:46 EST 2015

Hello,

  I read in docs that with Cyrus-Imapd I can create a folder Archive
with no quota for each user, using a dedicated partition.

Is there a plan to provide also a mechanism that move old mails in
Archive folder? Meantime, how can I move "old" mails to Archive folder
automatically without using MUA tasks?

I would also to know limits of an IMAP archive solution.
How does a slow partition with large amount of mails and folders
impact in mailbox, indexes and whole server performances? In other
words, does performances degrade only for Archive folder selection, or
for all mailbox too?

Thank you very much
Best Regards
Marco