cyrus mailboxes format

Andres Tarallo atarallo at acm.org
Wed Mar 4 12:53:09 EST 2015

>  I have had fairly good luck with imapsync.
> I have used it to clone millions of emails but it is not the worlds most
> efficient way of doing it but since this is usually a one time operation
> toughing out the run-time over the coding and testing of something more
> optimal is usually not worth it.

I'm familiar with imapsync. I've done in the past a few migrations of small
servers (less than 500 mailboxes) with that tool, it performed well in that
scenarios. The drawbacks were the time spent in that job and the necessity
of knowing both original and destination passwords.

I can reset the original password, but I can't do that with the destination
passwords. They're the users password for active directory accounts. That's
the reason I thought about using an lmtp approach.

Andrés