change to UNIX hierarchy

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 1 13:25:43 EDT 2015

I changed to the (new defalt) UNIX hierarchy separator character while
upgrading cyrus versions last year and didn't experience any problems.
I don't think your authentication scheme is relevant, but as someone
else suggested the imap clients might care.  In my case, everyone uses
Thunderbird, roundcube, or the mail client on their iOS/android device
and the switchover was transparent to the users.

I'm still have trouble adjusting to creating accounts with cyradm using
user/username instead of user.username.  Last time I checked this wasn't
documented; hope it is now.