Ongoing inaccessible mailbox woes

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Sat Dec 26 17:37:39 EST 2015

On Sun, Dec 27, 2015, at 01:14, Patrick Goetz via Info-cyrus wrote:
> Hi Bron -
>
>    [root at www cyrus]# pwd
>    /etc/cyrus
>    [root at www cyrus]# grep improved_mboxlist_sort imapd.conf
>    improved_mboxlist_sort: yes
>
> But in any case, it is seeing the mailbox.  The "Archives Staff" mailbox
> shows up with messages and one sub-mailbox -- the other sub-folders are
> all missing.
>
> Question:  when I'm running reconstruct, what does it even mean to get
> the message "Mailbox already exists"?  Of course the mailbox already
> exists; else there would be no point in running reconstruct!
>
> Next, when I look in
>
>    /var/imap/user/d/djones/djones.sub
>
> the folders I'm not seeing and which give the error messages are missing
> from this list -- could this be the problem?  How can I force cyrus to
> reconstruct this list, or is this one of the things that reconstruct does?

The subs file isn't significant at all.

create_namecheck returns MAILBOX_EXISTS, as does a rename to the same
name or on the same partition.  It's obviously create_namecheck that will be
triggering this.

I'd be very interested in seeing the exact files that are causing this.  Is it possible
for me to get a login to the system where this is running?  Happy to sign any
non-disclosure you need.

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana