Weird Characters in unexpunge

steffo76 at gmx.de steffo76 at gmx.de
Wed Dec 16 07:20:18 EST 2015

Hello all,

unexpunge (cyrus 2.5.7) is showing weird behaviour when it comes to subject lines containing the double quotation mark ("). When running reconstruct -l the subject lines containg a '"' show up as

{<Number>}<Line Break>Subject, for instance

        Subj: {109}
Cron <root at machine>

I redirected the output to a file and opened it with vim, which shows a ^M before end of the line, which is a carriage return if I'm not mistaken. So I guess there is a <CR><LF> involved.

The mail as such looks perfectly fine. Is this a feature or should I open a bug report ?

Thanks,
Stephan