Count not read messages

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Apr 14 06:15:52 EDT 2015

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015, at 06:10 PM, Alexey Shilin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I need to generate reports on the daily basis on how many messages are
> not seen in any given user mailbox.
>
> I looked at 'john.doe.seen' database file (with 'strings' and
> 'skiplist.py' )and could not figure out how I might be able to get
> this info.

Unfortunately, the file itself doesn't have enough information. First
thing we need to know is what version you're running, because seen
changed a lot from 2.3 to 2.4.

It seems that the best way to do this might be an option to mbexamine to
allow you to dump the seen state data for any particular user. The other
way, if you can proxy authenticate as a particular user via IMAP, is to
just do a STATUS UNSEEN for each mailbox of each user. That will be the
most efficient, because it can even take advantage of the statuscache.

Bron.

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm