cyrus backup and LVM snaps without stopping cyrus?

Marcus Schopen lists at localguru.de
Wed Mar 19 16:26:52 EDT 2014

Hi,

before starting a filebased backup with rdiff-backup I stop Cyrus,
create LVM snaps of partitions where /var/lib/cyrus/ and /var/lib/cyrus
are located and start Cyrus again. The downtime of Cyrus is just a few
seconds, but is there a way to avoid stopping Cyrus before creating the
snaps or is this the safest method to flush all data and get a
consistent status of data and databases?

Ciao
Marcus

--
   If you want to stay dad you've got to polish your image. I think the image
we need to create for you is "repentant but learning".	  -- Calvin