Using memcached for authentication

Ram ram at netcore.co.in
Wed Jul 9 05:36:16 EDT 2014

On 07/09/2014 02:49 PM, Willy Offermans wrote:
> Hello Ram and Cyrus-imap friends,
>

> On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 01:32:50PM +0530, Ram wrote:
>> Currently I use pam  with pam_mysql for authenticating cyrus accounts
>> But I frequently run into the issue of mysql connections exceeding limit.
>>
>> Can  I simply use something like Memcached or Redis to authenticate users
>>

> You could also simply increase the connections limit in MySQL.
I did .. I have now set it to unreasonable  limits.
But I think that is not a good idea anyway.

Most of these these webmail products they really jam the  imap servers
with too many authentication requests
I run cyrus-sasl with caching on  but still see too many connections
going to mysql servers  , when actually they are not needed at all