frequently corrupt tis_sessions.db files

Stephen Ingram sbingram at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 14:03:30 EST 2014

I'm running a very small murder setup using Simon Matter's RPM packages on
CentOS 6.x. Frequently, the tis_sessions.db file on the update master
becomes corrupt such that one or more of the nodes can no longer establish
a connection. Of course, this results in folders not reserved properly on
the master and a long list of issues from there. Each time I see the
behavior in the logs:

tlsv1 alert decrypt error in SSL_accept() -> fail
STARTTLS negotiation failed: imap1.xxx.xxx
Connection reset by peer, closing connection

Stopping cyrus-imapd, removing tls_sessions.db and then restarting
cyrus-imapd always solves the problem. Is the tls database typically this
unreliable (can't imagine why as it's the same db used for the mail,
right?) and perhaps I should just not cache these connections or is there
something else that could be wrong?

Steve