Help on quota usage.

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Fri Feb 14 09:57:16 EST 2014

On Fri, 2014-02-14 at 13:56 +0100, Eric Luyten wrote:
> On Fri, February 14, 2014 1:30 pm, mayak wrote:
> > On 02/14/2014 12:41 PM, Anant Athavale wrote:
> >> for one user, the lq user.xx is showing 1.6 GB, where as actual usage on
> >> file system is less than 1 GB.  I want to know, how can get where is the
> >> additional quota sitting in /var/spool/imap partition for user xxx.
> The underlying filesystem MAY have compression capabilities, which will most
> certainly lead to 'du' returning a lower value than Cyrus 'list quota'.

+1.  The utilization of the underlying storage and the value calculated
by Cyrus may not correspond 1:1 for a variety of reasons [although, I
guess one might expect them to the close-ish - unless delayed expunge,
deduplication, etc... features are used].  I have seen the filesystem
and Cyrus quota values differ into both directions [f>q & f<q] for
apparently valid reasons.