Empty folders

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Mon Dec 29 17:02:10 EST 2014

On 12/29/14 19:43, Niels Dettenbach (Syndicat.com) wrote:

> hmmm,
> i would make a backup of the folders, delete it by cyradm dm
> (check if the folders in filesystem are gone too then)

cyradm dm does not delete this folder (and its files) from the filesystem.

> and recreate it by cyradm cm, copy the mail files into it, make
> shure the access rights fit your cyrus needs and make a
> reconstruct -r -f over the folders(!).

Thanks to your suggestion I found a procedure that works:
_ store away D's cyrus.* files;
_ sam "user.A.B.D" root lrswpcdai
_ dm "user.A.B.D" (as said this doesn't delete anything)
_ cm "user.A.B.D" (this overwrites cyrus.*)
_ restore the old cyrus.* files.

Only thing, I'll have to script this, since I've got a lot of
problematic folders...

> depending from your setup the correct path might be user/A
> for now it sound’s a bit like a Cyrus IMAP „path“ problem too.
> Check i.e. with cyradm lm or cyradm lam the naming conventions
> of other (working) directories/folders.

I'm using "user.A": this is correct for my server.

> If that doesn’t help, make sure the mailbox user has all access rights to that folders by cyradm lam.

Access rights are not the problem.

> To make sure that you did not see any „old stuff“ (cached or similar) in your imap client,
> use temporarily another imap client without any caching - i.e. mutt -f
> imap://user@imaphost or a webmailer or similar.

I know TB is flaky in this regard, so I used a webmail from the start.

Thanks a lot for your help.

  bye
	av.