LIST ... RETURN (SUBSCRIBED) doesn't list all folders

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Wed Aug 20 17:55:09 EDT 2014

Yes, it's a bug :(  List code is hairy, and a couple of the edge cases are wrong.

I recommend just turning off LIST-EXTENDED with:

suppress_capabilities: LIST-EXTENDED

Bron.

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014, at 11:06 PM, Frank Richter wrote:

Hi,

I'm chasing a bug regarding the wrong display of folders in the recent Horde/IMP Webmail frontend

-> [1]http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/13438

IMP sends this IMAP command:

C: 4 LIST () "" (INBOX INBOX.* user.* *) RETURN (SUBSCRIBED)

If I understand RFC 5258 right, this means:

     List all folders returning the Subscribed status.

But, cyrus-imapd 2.4.27 in a murder environment returns only the subscribed folders, not all folders with the given status.

The Cyrus frontend sends to the backend:

List (subscribed) "" (INBOX INBOX.* user.* *) return (subscribed)

and returns just this result, as it seems.

LIST () "" (INBOX INBOX.* user.* *)

returns all folders.

This seems to be a bug. Any ideas on that?

Thanks,

Frank

--
Frank Richter
Technische Universität Chemnitz, Germany

----

Cyrus Home Page: [2]http://www.cyrusimap.org/

To Unsubscribe:

  Email had 1 attachment: