Error: Folder appears in listing but can not be accessed "mailbox does not exist"

Henne Holly henne.gwath at gmx.de
Tue Jan 8 04:42:11 EST 2013

Hi Stephan,

The message comes from the client, yes -- I cannot see any errors in the
server-log in /var/log/mail*. I set anyone all rights and permissions
for my particular user user at domain for the share at domain. Setting
permissions for "user" without domain did not work (should it?).

Maybe, I guess, this has something to do with my cyrus data, because
previously I had two domains and the "manager" belonged to the other one
(by accident). I recognized that shared mailboxes then were only visible
to users who belonged to that other domain.

So I removed every hint of that other domainname from my configs and as
well from the ldap directory. Now the manager-account who owns the
shared mailboxes has no mail-address or homeServer values in ldap. But
maybe misteriously cyrus thinks different of that...

Should I rollback my cyrus configs? Could one do I do that without
losing mail?

regards,
Henning