Injecting a mail folder into a users inbox/restore from backup

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Dec 12 02:35:09 EST 2012

Hi,

Quoting Michael Neumann <Michael.Neumann at ub.tu-dortmund.de>:

> Am 05.12.2012 15:19, schrieb John Wade:
>> We typically create a subfolder of the user's mailbox via cyradm or IMAP
>> commands, restore the files from the backup into this subdirectory and
>> run reconstruct.
>>
>> Requires no thought.   Have used this far less since the delayed expunge
>> was introduced.
>
> Hello,
>
> delayed expunge sounds interesting to me, so far we used reconstruct to
> recover deleted mail from our backups. So i need the option expunge_mode
> set to delayed. Do i also need to set the option delete_mode to delayed?
> Most restore operations we have to do are about whole folders that have
> been deleted.

expunge_mode is only for mails, delete_mode is the option for
folders but works slightly different. The deleted folder is
moved to a special folder (option deletedprefix in imapd.conf)
You can restore the folder with cyradm by movin it to the old
place.

cyr_expire will remove the old mails an folders. Take a look at
the options and configure a cyr_expire run in the EVENT section
of cyrus.conf

Regards

    Michael Menge

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen