Want to create DC DR Mailbox server

Dave McMurtrie dave64 at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Aug 22 08:03:19 EDT 2012

On 08/22/2012 04:09 AM, jayesh shinde wrote:
> Hello all ,
>
> I require suggestion for building up the DC  DR server. I want to build
> the Mailbox server with 5000 users , 1 TB size of total mailbox data.
>
> 1)  DC and DR server will be in two different IDC , with internet
> connectivity or with dedicated pipe.
>
> 2)  How to sync the every email ( add / delete / seen / unseen ... etc
> )  on the fly from DC to DR ?
>       Please share if any have good URLs / Blog / wiki / howto steps
> information  for implementing the above.
>
> 3)  If point 2  have solution , then in case of drill if I point the
> LIVE IP from DC to DR and if all emails come on DR server for 1-2 days ,
> then how to sync back that emails to DC again.
>
> 4) For syncing data back from DR to DC , Is there any method other that
> IMAPSYNC ?
>
> 5) Is it possible again on the fly syncing of emails from DR to DC ?
>
> 6) How other sysadmins are managing the Drill situation and DC to DR
> syncing ?

You can accomplish what you want using Cyrus replication.  You can read
about it here:

http://www.cyrusimap.org/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.4.16/install-replication.php

Note that all Cyrus gets you is a second copy of the data.  You have to
handle failover on your own by either swapping IP addresses and
hostnames or munging mailboxes.db, etc.

Thanks,

Dave