(important) cyrus-imapd 2.4.16 released

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Thu Apr 19 12:03:20 EDT 2012

--On 19. April 2012 11:00:01 +0100 Jeroen van Meeuwen
<vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com> wrote:

> It contains exactly one bugfix in tools/rehash, which was rewritten after
> 2.4.14 introduced a critical fault for deployments that have the
> fulldirhash  option enabled. Release 2.4.15 was released to resolve this
> issue, among  others, but the tool as released with 2.4.15 contained Perl
> syntax errors.
>
> We recommend ALL sites that deploy Cyrus IMAP with the fulldirhash option
> enabled to update to 2.4.16.
>
> Please see bug #3651[1] for a full history of this bug. A special thanks
> goes  out to Carlos Velasco for catching and reporting this issue first.

I think I've read all the available information regarding the issue, but
I'm still confused. We're still running 2.3.x for production, but I have a
test system with a copy of the production data. We use fulldirhash. When I
installed 2.4.14, I encountered the hashing issue. So now I ran the rehash
script after updating to 2.4.16:

$ time /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/rehash -v -F /etc/imapd.conf
you are using /var/lib/imap/sieve as your sieve directory.
i will also hash partitions.
converting configuration directory /var/lib/imap... mkdir
/var/lib/imap/lock: done
user quota done
sieve /var/lib/imap/sieve... rename /var/lib/imap/sieve/global to
/var/lib/imap/sieve/V/global: done
done
partition /var/spool/imap... done
partition /var/spool/imap2... done
partition /var/spool/imap3... done
partition /var/spool/imap4... done
partition /var/spool/imap5... done
partition /var/spool/imap6... done

real	0m7.232s
user	0m5.639s
sys	0m0.227s

Just seven seconds? And I don't see much actual rehashing, except for the
global sieve directory. What am I missing?
--
     .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
                 .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.