problem with a user mailbox

Riccardo Veraldi Riccardo.Veraldi at cnaf.infn.it
Mon Sep 26 08:41:54 EDT 2011

Hello,
I have migrated mailboxes from cyrus-imapd 2.3.7 to cyrus-imapd 2.4.10
on CentOS 5.6

everything went fine except for a user who has a lot of nested folders

this user has a mailbox called StoRM like this:

user.username.StoRM
user.username.StoRM.StormDevel
user.username.StoRM.StormUsers

this is in the mailboxes file

but on the filesystem there is another folder called StormSupport which
is not seen as

user.username.StoRM.StormSupport

inside this there is another level of folders like

user.username.StoRM.StormSupport.folder1
user.username.StoRM.StormSupport.folder2
user.username.StoRM.StormSupport.folder3

and so on

basically cyrus is unable to see user.username.StoRM.StormSupport and
its subfolders

I tried to reconstruct the mailbox with -f -r but no clue, the problem
persists.
Folder  user.username.StoRM.StormSupport  and its subfolders are
correctly seen on the old server
but not on the new one. Cyrus does not see them.

how can I fix this problem ?

thank you

Rick