Never-ending bug with recontruct - MISSING FOLDERS

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Wed Sep 14 05:57:08 EDT 2011

On 09/14/2011 11:51 AM, Simon Matter wrote:
>> Dear Jeroen,

>>> You wouldn't happen to have a ticket in bugzilla.cyrusimap.org about
>>> this problem you are experiencing, do you?
>> No sorry, at that time I only posted here.

>>> Could you please state the version of Cyrus IMAP on both the old as
>>> well as the new server?
>> New server : v2.3.7-Invoca-RPM-2.3.7-7.el5_6.4 2006/07/10 13:46:20
>> Old server : don't know (but I don't think it plays any role because
>> most of the data was recovered by reconstruct)
> You missed the point, your "new" server is using a 5 year old version of
> cyrus-imapd, which isn't exactly new. So, either try a current version,
> which is 2.4.11, or ask your distributor to backport fixes if they exist.
>
> Regards,
> Simon
The fix itself won't be _too_ complex to backport, I suspect, but it will be
fresh coding, because reconstruct changed pretty massively between 2.3
and 2.4.  So it's not going to be a fun job for someone.

Also, 2.3.7 is ancient even by 2.3 standards. It still has a pretty buggy
skiplist implementation (maybe they backported fixes for that, I don't
know)

Bron.