Vacation Not Working...

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Mon May 9 22:03:39 EDT 2011

Hello,

   I have a mail server that we use cyrus-imap for. It works well
enough. Stock package for RHEL 5 (cyrus-imapd-2.3.7-7.el5_4.3). Likely
somewhat old. In anycase we've used sieve for server side filtering and
it has worked well for years. We have a couple users however that would
like to use the 'Vacation'/'Auto responding' features. The add the rule,
however no auto response is ever attempted. There are no errors in the
log, nada.

   I spent a few hours trying to get something but never did. Can anyone
suggest what I should be doing to see why it isn't working? Any gotcha's
or other pointers? Google has turned up many people with similar
problems, but no answers. I could really use a hand with how to
debug/track this down.

Thanks,
--
Nathanael d. Noblet