Cyrus 2.4.9beta1 Released

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu Jun 2 15:19:05 EDT 2011

We are pleased to announce the release of Cyrus IMAPd 2.4.9beta1

You can download it from the snapshots directory:

http://www.cyrusimap.org/releases/snapshots/cyrus-imapd-2.4.9beta1.tar.gz

This is an beta release in the 2.4.x series.  This fixes
a selection of bugs, including one first reported years
ago that slipped through the cracks then.

WARNING: one known bug that still exists is that quota -f
can cause ALL quotaroots to believe they have twice their
actual usage.  This bug is still present in 2.4.9beta1.

This problem has always existed, but is much worse because
of a bug in 2.4.8 where user renames caused quotaroots to
become incorrect.

The recommended workaround at this time is to run quota -f
TWICE any time you need to run it.  The first run should fix
any incorrect quota roots, and the second run will fix all
the doubled quotas caused by the first one.

Please send any feedback to the cyrus-devel mailing list.
I'm hoping to have a stable 2.4.9 out soon.

Regards,

Bron.