sync_shutdown_file example and instructions on how to use it

Ivan Lezhnjov Jr. ivan.lezhnjov.jr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 06:47:34 EDT 2011

What do you mean by "detected by"? It doesn't tell me anything.

At any rate, what is the rationale behind the need to have an external
script? I'm not software engineer by any means but drawing on my
overall IT experience it seems most software projects take care of
that functionality on their own, unless there's a damn good reason to
have it done by a 3rd party, like flexibility, perhaps. Can anyone
clarify this aspect?