Deliver to mailbox problem with v2.4.7

John cyrus at jelmail.com
Sun Apr 10 19:17:47 EDT 2011

On 09/04/11 23:19, Dan White wrote:
> On 09/04/11 22:33 +0100, John wrote:
>> Sorry for delay in responding, I have been away.
>>
>> Setting "anyone p" made no difference:
>>
>> localhost.localdomain> sam user/john anyone p
>> localhost.localdomain> lam user/john
>> john lrswipcda
>> anyone p
>>
>> localhost.localdomain> sam user/john/folder.name/subfolder anyone p
>> localhost.localdomain> lam user/john/folder.name/subfolder
>> john lrswipcda
>> anyone p
>>
>> I've tried adding "anyone p" to user/john, user/john/folder.name and
>> user/john/folder.name/subfolder. None made any difference - delivery is
>> still to INBOX.
>>
>> I do have unusual characters - specifically I have dots in them (which
>> is why I use "unixhierarchysep").
>> My folders are for example user/john/domain.com/customer.
>>
>> # /usr/cyrus/bin/ctl_mboxlist -d | grep subfolder
>> user.john.folder^name.subfolder 0 default john  lrswipcda
>> anyone  p
>> # /usr/cyrus/bin/ctl_mboxlist -d | grep "john.folder.name" | head -1
>> user.john.folder^name   0 default john  lrswipcda       anyone  p
>>
>> The folder list is sane in imap client. Everything is working fine
>> except delivery into folders. All mail already delivered prior to
>> upgrade is in folders and perfectly readable as I would expect.
>
> Can you test to see if the same problem happens with folders without dots
> in them?

Ok, on further testing today, adding "anyone p" does make it deliver ok.

This is wierd though because the  command to deliver the mail does
specify my user acl (-a argument to deliver) so why wouldn't this work?

My procmail log reports like this:
procmail: Executing
"/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver,-r,xxx at xxx.com,-a,john,-m,folder.name/subfolder,john"

cyradm lam shows folder.name/subfolder has p rights (amongst others) for
user john.

Setting "anyone" rights doesn't feel right... what now?