multipart message with pdf file gets truncated

Julien Vehent julien at linuxwall.info
Fri Apr 8 12:29:58 EDT 2011

 On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 09:27:29 -0400, Joseph Brennan wrote:
> Julien Vehent <julien at linuxwall.info> wrote--
>
>>  Now, without being a MIME expert, I assume that the last "NextPart"
>>  line not being followed by anything is not a good thing.
>
> No, that last boundary marks the end of the mime part, signfifed by
> the two hyphens at the end. In this case it's the end of the whole
> message.
>
> That happens to prove that the message is not truncated. Only the
> software that created the message would have written that end
> boundary.
>
> My conclusion is that the message arrived as is. Either the original
> PDF was damaged, or the message was created with damage.

 Alright, thanks for the analysis.
 I will try to gather more data on the server, and if possible dump the
 connection before it's handled by postfix.
 Since the client is sending the same email to another mailbox, and it
 works fine, I would like to make sure my setup works fine before blaming
 anybody else...

 Thanks,
 Julien