Sync_client fails after upgrade 2.3.16 to 2.4.4

Chris Conn cconn at abacom.com
Mon Nov 29 18:21:28 EST 2010

On 2010-11-29 16:49, Bron Gondwana wrote:

> So set the clocks on the machines out by a few more seconds and you'll
> be fine.
>
> Seriously - the problem is that it works when you test manually because
> they're not happening at the same time.  "things die" because
> replication is asynchronous, and the same UID gets allocated to messages
> with different content!
>
> That said - it should be able to resolve the situation without crashing.

> When we shut down one end, we bring up the other.  Downtime is a couple
> of seconds maximum.  Everything gets delivered to postfix locally which
> forwards to an LMTP proxy which knows which host is the master, and
> delivers appropriately.
>
> Most MTAs are happy to spool locally generated mail until the server
> is back up.  Store and forward.
>
> Bron.

Hello,

First, I hope my comments were not taken as criticism of the Cyrus
model, I like Cyrus enormously and am glad to deploy it ;)

I am working instead on a second sendmail process that listens on
localhost to forward all mail to the master in order to avoid this
"issue".  I might disable sendmail on the public IP of the slave
entirely unless I need to temporarily use the slave and bring down the
master for whatever reason.  Glad its just architectural.

Thanks again,

Chris