cyr_expire does not delete files on disk with expunge_mode:delayed?

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 24 18:17:49 EST 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 11:15:42AM -0500, Michael D. Sofka wrote:
> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> >> That would be my fault :(  The bug that causes this.  Of course
> >> we always run with -a at FastMail, hence I didn't notice it.
> >>
> >> This bug is also fixed in Cyrus 2.4.x.
> >
> > Bron, this one, while not nasty, is very annoying.  Is it easy to
> > backport the fix to 2.3?  Since the 2.3 tree is not dead yet (2.4 is
> > good, but not rock stable yet), it might be worth it...
> >

> Does this bug apply only if expire annotations are used?  I have not set
> any expire annotations, and I'm not specifying -a in the cyr_expire
> runs.  Expired messages are being removed according to the logs.

Yeah, I suspect you're right.  It looks like the flag to actually do the
expunge doesn't get set if there is an annotation.  Ouch.

I will look into backporting a fix for this one to 2.3.x for sites that
don't want to go the full 2.4 series, though I do recommend upgrading for
all the other nice things you get!

Bron.