Cyrus IMAP 2.4.4 Problem with IPhone

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Nov 22 21:42:54 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 10:08:53PM -0200, Lucas Zinato Carraro wrote:
> Exist any problem with Cyrus IMAP 2.4.4 and IPhone Client ( Apple Mail ) ?

There were some problems early on with ESEARCH and iPhone, but I
got them fixed before the 2.4.0 release.

> Any problem with idled function for this plataform ?

Not that I know of.  We use idled at FastMail and we have a lot of
customers with iPhones.  We're not running 2.4.4 as such, but what
we're running is pretty close.

> Since I upgraded to Cyrus 2.4.4 a few  customers are complaining that
> the iPhone not sync
> mail messages.

What version were you using before?  Can you enable telemetry for one
of the customers (create a directory $confdir/log/$username for that
user - make sure it's chown cyrus - there will be one file per process
ID of the imap connections they make) and see what's happening?
Also check your syslog to see if anything strange is being logged.

Thanks,

Bron.