Bugzilla does not handle locales well

Reinaldo de Carvalho reinaldoc at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 07:07:35 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Michal Hlavinka <mhlavink at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have prefered language in firefox set to 'cs' so I get czech localized
> bugzilla pages. These pages use utf-8 encoding but page headers nor server
> itself do not mention any information about encoding so default content
> encoding iso-8859-1 is used, which is wrong and results in broken and hard to
> read text. Could you fix that?

HTTP header [1] has priority to set codification, page headers [2] is
last option to detect codification. I think that web server is
enforcing ISO-8859-1 (AddDefaultCharset), and application wasn't
setting appropriately. (webserver will set only if application don't
do it)

[1] Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
[2] <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

--
Reinaldo de Carvalho
http://korreio.sf.net

"While not fully understand a software, don't try to adapt this
software to the way you work, but rather yourself to the way the
software works" (myself)