Nested "INBOX" folders - hard to delete

Jukka Huhta jukka.huhta at helsinki.fi
Mon Mar 29 15:25:09 EDT 2010

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010, Brian Awood wrote:

> What version of cyrus are you running?  If it's a version 2.3 with
> delayed delete enabled, you are likely running into a bug in cyrus.

The newest, 2.3.16.  This certainly feels like a bug.  Not going to
debug it this time, though.

> If you don't want to shut cyrus down, you can probably use cyr_dbtool to
> delete the mailbox entry, then manually cleanup the filesystem.

Thanks, I was going to try that but then I first tried to renm the
mailboxes to shorter names before dm'ing them, and that did the trick.
I thought I had tried it already.

So the issue seems to be worked around.

-Jukka Huhta