Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.16 w/ Outlook 2007

Mike Eggleston mikeegg1 at mac.com
Fri Mar 19 12:26:10 EDT 2010

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010, Marc G. Fournier might have said:

> I've recently had a report from a client concerning connecting via Outlook
> 2007 ... this is the second report I've had concerning similar, with the
> first one being from my mother ... then, I chaulked it up to her having
> something setup wrong, but this second one is from a more knowledgeable
> person ..
>
> I had them try telnetting to port 110 to see if something was blocked at
> the firewall, and everything looks fine from there ...
>
> I've just asked him to try IMAP vs POP3, to see if maybe its a POP3
> protocal issue, maybe ... ?
>
> Has anyone seem issues with Outlook 2007 that doesn't appear to manifest
> in older Outlooks, that have an idea of what to do to fix?
>
> The error they are seeing is:
>
> 'We are having some issues regarding our connection with Microsoft Outlook
> 2007. In other versions (2003 or Express) the connection is working fine,
> but when connecting through Microsoft Outlook 2007, the error shown is
> "the connection with server has been interrupted" (Err. 0X800CCC0F).'
>
> Thanks for any insight / ideas ...

I've not seen issues connecting, but I have had users that claim they
don't get mail. I've tried to educate these users that the mail is in the
mail system and it's their client that is not notifying the users of new
mail (both Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007, and Mac Mail.app). One user has
hundreds and hundreds of folders and sieve rules for filtering and filing
mail. I've tried to teach the user to have everything come to the inbox
for manual filing, but the user did not receive my suggestion very well.

We're a small shop with only 25 users. Two users use the POP3 connections
over SSL (remote users), the others use internal IMAP4 not over SSL.

Mike