Some Questions about Cyrus Agregattion ( Murder )

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Tue Jun 22 16:58:10 EDT 2010

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010, Lucas Zinato Carraro wrote:

> Another Question:
>
>  1 proxyd  = 1 client connection ? Or 1 proxyd handles several connections ?
> This parameter can be configured ?

Each proxyd handles one incoming client connection and makes one
connection to a backend server.  If you have 20000 simultaneous
connections, you will have 20000 proxyd processes.

> Any metric to sizing  IO Use for frontends and backends ??

Frontends don't use I/O except a pair of network connections.  Backend I/O
needs will be hard to calculate because they depend on your client usage
patterns.  Your storage backend will be the most important factor
determining performance.

 	Andy