Some Questions about Cyrus Agregattion ( Murder )

Lucas Zinato Carraro lucaszc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 00:26:00 EDT 2010

>> I find a parameter to imapd.conf:  proxyd_disable_mailbox_referrals.
>> Only this parameter is necessary in frontend  to complete disable referall
>>  ?

>More or less (that option doesn't appear to be in the 2.4 branch....)
>There's also sieve_allowreferrals.

OK .

"proxyd_disable_mailbox_referrals"  will be replaced to other
parameter in new branch ( 2.4 )?

In my work  ( for policy reasons )  servers with mailbox can not be
directly exposed to the internet.

A Cyrus frontend is the best option because mailbox can exist in any
internal server.
And "shared folder"  is very  common in my enviromment.

>> Is possible to force the frontends to keep the connectiom  with
>> MUPDATE and Backends ?
>
> If your frontend is configured as "unified", only mupdate will communicate
> with the mupdate master.  The mupdate connection is routinely long lived.
>  There is, however, no way to keep the connection to backends open beyond &
> between each user session.  If you have a lot of short lived IMAP
> connections, you're probably interested in up-imapproxy.

I believe that most customers will use Thunderbird and Outlook with
IDLE support.
And i think that this clients will keep connection open.

Someone with more experience know if the thunderbird really keeps the
connection open?

Other question:

   IDLE  imap command  is compatible in Cyrus Murder enviromment ??

Regards.