/var/spool/cyrus/mail/x/share in the filesystem

Jakob Lenfers lenfers at bigsss-bremen.de
Mon Jun 14 05:10:46 EDT 2010

Am 09.06.2010 15:55, schrieb Dan White:
> On 09/06/10 09:13 +0200, Jakob Lenfers wrote:

> The /var/spool/cyrus/mail/m/share/mail-test/ should correspond to a
> 'share.mail-test' mailbox, which you should see in a mailbox list within
> cyradm.
>
> That folder doesn't have any special meaning to cyrus other than it's
> considered to be located under the 'shared' namespace, and will not be used
> as any user's personal mailbox. See RFC 2342 for more details.

Ah, thats a good hint, thanks. Didn't tought it was some standard...

> I'd guess that putting a mailbox under the shared namespace is the way that
> gosa represents a group mailbox. Doing a 'listacl share.mail-test' will
> probably give you some idea of its purpose.

I just don't understand why it should do that. I think it's enough to
have the definition in the LDAP. But thats not for this list.

localhost> listacl share.mail-test
anyone p

Seems like it shouldn't be shared.

Well, I guess this will work just fine then, thanks for your help!

Jakob