cyrus replication and RENAME problem

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Tue Jun 1 06:01:56 EDT 2010

--On 1. Juni 2010 11:51:16 +0200 Rudy Gevaert <Rudy.Gevaert at UGent.be> wrote:

>> That's why I've
>> writen a script that moves mailboxes from the fullest partition to the
>> one with the most free space. Works really well.
>
> Taking a side step, if I'm permitted.  How do you handle the move
> (regarding mail delivery and logged in users?)
> (Do you use murder?)

We don't currently use murder. The mailbox is automatically locked during
the rename operation, so there aren't any issues with LMTP. The script does
a grep in /var/lib/imap/proc prior to the rename, so that it's not
attempted for users that are currently logged in. The script has been
running for several years and we've never had any problems.
--
     .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
                 .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.