Backup strategy for large mailbox stores

John Madden jmadden at ivytech.edu
Mon Feb 15 14:16:01 EST 2010

Vincent Fox wrote:
> I suppose replication and snapshots are out of the question for you?

Replication is something we haven't gotten into yet but there's probably
something there.  We don't have a remote site, so there's no way to make
that work in a DR/backup sense.

We did quite a bit with snapshots (LVM) to when we were experimenting
with block-level backups but there's a performance problem there -- we
were saturating GbE.  Snapshot doesn't really buy you anything in terms
of getting the data to tape.

--
John Madden
Sr UNIX Systems Engineer