issue with refresh and expunge after updating to 2.4.5

Antoine Jacoutot ajacoutot at bsdfrog.org
Thu Dec 2 04:59:24 EST 2010

Hi.

I just upgrade a cyrus installation from 2.3.16 to 2.4.5.
I am now experiencing some strange things.

This is under OpenBSD (i386) and I'm using alpine as the MUA (I also
tried evolution to make sure this was not a client issue and I can see
the same behaviour).

The INBOX never refreshes itself anymore, if I want to see new messages,
I need to kill alpine and restart it again. Also I cannot expunge
messages anymore. When I mark messages as deleted then try to expunge,
alpine tells me than '[No messages expunged from folder "INBOX"]'.

I reconstructed my mailbox and all its folders but that didn't help...
There is nothing in the logs that looks out of the ordinary.

Note that the only thing I updated was cyrus, all my clients are the
same than before and all was working fine with 2.3.16. I know this isn't
a proper bug report, I'm not sure what more I can include, so just let
me know. Basically, mail delivery works but never shows up in the INBOX
display...

Cyrus config appended.

/etc/cyrus.conf
# standard standalone server implementation

START {
  # do not delete this entry!
  recover	cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -r"

  # this is only necessary if using idled for IMAP IDLE
  idled		cmd="idled"
}

# UNIX sockets start with a slash and are put into /var/imap/socket
SERVICES {
  # add or remove based on preferences
  imap		cmd="imapd" listen="127.0.0.1:imap" prefork=0
  imaps		cmd="imapd -s" listen="imaps" prefork=0
  pop3		cmd="pop3d" listen="pop3" prefork=0
  pop3s		cmd="pop3d -s" listen="pop3s" prefork=0
  sieve		cmd="timsieved" listen="sieve" prefork=0

  # these are only necessary if receiving/exporting usenet via NNTP
#  nntp		cmd="nntpd" listen="nntp" prefork=0
#  nntps		cmd="nntpd -s" listen="nntps" prefork=0

  # at least one LMTP is required for delivery
  lmtpunix	cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=0

  # this is required if using notifications
  notify	cmd="notifyd" listen="/var/imap/socket/notify"
proto="udp" prefork=1
}

EVENTS {
  # this is required
  checkpoint	cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -c" period=30

  # this is only necessary if using duplicate delivery suppression,
  # Sieve or NNTP
  delprune	cmd="cyr_expire -E 3 -X 1" at=0400

  # this is only necessary if caching TLS sessions
  tlsprune	cmd="tls_prune" at=0400

  squatter	cmd="squatter -s -r -i user" at=0540
}

/etc/imapd.conf
configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap