how to debug what happens inside mailboxes

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon Apr 12 10:34:04 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-12 at 15:32 +0200, Martin Kraus wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 10:12:13AM -0300, Patrick Boutilier wrote:
> > On 04/12/2010 10:05 AM, Martin Kraus wrote:
> > >Hello.
> > >   I'm using cyrus 2.3.14 on a mailserver and a few users are complaining, that
> > >sometimes a message gets deleted from the mailbox after reading it. They are
> > >using some sort of outlook. Users are using imap to connect to their
> > >mailboxes. Is there a way to debug imap communication between outlook and
> > >cyrus imapd other then using tcpdump?
> > Use telemetry:
> > http://markmail.org/message/4kigyucxzlrn6lc6
> That is exactly what I need. Thanks. Is there some sort of documentation for
> such features in cyrus? I can't seem to find anything beyond basic setup and
> what is in manual pages. Stuff like annotations (through which I managed to
> delete 30GB of emails), global sieve skripts, snmp configuration etc?

I maintain a chapter on Cyrus admin in WMOGAG
<http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/whitemice/wmogag/file_view>

The rest of the document may not apply to you, but that chapter should
be pretty general.   Feedback and recommendations are very welcome.  It
certainly isn't "complete", but [not to toot my own horn] it is more
complete than anything else I have found.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam at whitemice.org> LPIC-1, Novell CLA
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>